Friday, April 10, 2009

Blue Wire Bracelet

This is a bracelet I realised I couldn't sell after I'd taken photos of it for Etsy. I wept tears of liquid tragedy when I realised it had a break in it. I don't think it's visible here - it was small.

I mucked around with the contrast in the pictures a bit, given that I'm not posting them on Etsy - these open wire jewellery pieces of mine are fun to photograph (sad but true). I like the potential for depth.



Because I'd knitted it of a thicker gauge of wire, it held its shape in waves when laid flat:


A pretty effect, thanks very much! I was on the verge of cutting it up and re-using the beads - they're antique Japanese seed beads - but decided it deserved to live and not be hacked to pieces, even though it's not for Etsy. I wove a bit more wire over the break, so it's good enough for me to wear. It's turned out to be a decent wee marketing tool. I am practically a billboard. Now all I need is a picture of a naked person taped to it, to better draw the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment